Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Update...bring overnight clothes. It's a long one.

   It's been a lovely weekend. Got my first week of tests out of the way, recovered with JT Friday night by making smoothies and watching Up All Night. So hilarious. My mom recommended it, and now I see why. But every time I see the guy character (what's his name again?) I just think of Gob Bluth from Arrested Development. "COME ON!!!"
Which reminds me, I laughed and almost drowned today during Spanish. The Profesora was explaining to someone how in Hispanic culture, it's common practice for parents to scare their kids into behaving properly. I just saw in my mind George Bluth saying "And that's why you always leave a note..." so clearly, and laughed mid-sip from my water bottle. Sometimes my public displays of life incompetence are too much even for me. 
Saturday, I caught JT on the internet, engaging in a secret he has kept hidden from me.

Ever since we found out I was pregnant, every time me, my mom, or our friends gushed over some baby item, he has always responded with an eye roll or a sigh, like if he is too manly to talk about something being cute. But Saturday morning, I walked out of the kitchen after cleaning up breakfast and he was LOOKING AT BABY STUFF ON AMAZON. Adorable baby stuff. Like this:

Hilarious. Mom friends: Sorry. I already called dibs.
JT had to DJ so I skipped off to the Tulsa game with a free ticket, courtesy of my brother who changed his mind about going. A win is a win is a win, except when it is a game where Doug Martin can't break free and our 2nd string proves itself fully capable of blowing a 34 point lead if given the time. Darn you, Southwick! I'd almost rather have Zabransky back. Wish Hedrick had gotten more time... but it was a blast to be in the stands yelling and getting weird football jersey tan lines. Can't wait for the Nevada game. I am almost as nervous as I was for the opener vs UGA. I'm planning to get the wolfpups' logo on the mannequin butt, will upload game pics afterwards. This will be one of multiple awesome game signs to hand out:
This is why Kinkos must never go out of business.

Sunday, still sounding like a total chainsmoker/flaming sword-swallower, I spoke at the prison with JT on the Holy Ghost. I think it went pretty well, it was an awesome experience. There was a moment when I realized that the men's prison branch was full of members that make me look lackluster. They introduce themselves/make friends with everyone, and then they invite all their non-attending friends to come. I can't remember the last time I brought someone to church with me. I made a mormon.org account to help myself feel better. Maybe I will upload a video like Colbert's to it....so funny. Have a laugh:
Yaweh, or No Way: Mormons
"High five a tiger, yeaaaahh!"

On a political note, I think it's nice that Mitt Romney has been attacked for his business failures/general incompetence instead of for his religion. Just throwing that out there.

In other news, we're buying a new car! Yay. And yes, it's another Subaru, but a decade newer, way cooler, and white. Take that, Ruby Sue. Forget you-ooh-ooh! Our hopefully-more-noble-than-the-last steed should be ready for us to roll in by this weekend. Perfect.

So be excellent to each other, and party on.

No comments:

Post a Comment