A grainy phone picture of a slightly less grainy ultrasound picture! Look at that little nubbin! We had a wonderful skype date with it at the doctor's yesterday. Quiet kid, but it's heart is nice and whooshy. I have been calling it Peanut, but some good friends have been really pushing to make Little Bubba happen. I am going to avoid referring to it as Bean, no matter how striking the similarities in appearance, because I don't want it to grow up to be any of the other people who go by Bean...
Yep. Not happ'nen, fake tv show characters or not. If my kid is going to be in the movies, it will be as a stunt double, not for having the only mug weird enough to pull off the kooky persona. 

BEANS!!!
In other news, I have officially engaged in the timeless battle of Pregnant Women Vs. Invisible Nausea Ninjas. I don't believe in morning sickness, no way. But I do believe in the sporadic, unprovoked attack of extreme queasiness. It can get you anytime, anywhere, for any length of time. My first solution was showers. Even ninjas have honor! They won't get you in the shower, that's way too easy. But it wasn't long before I realized that like all good things, showers must come to an end. The next defense was pickles, which I never before enjoyed. All my life, 'pickles' had been code for 'cucumbers soaked in evil.' But then I took a long look at the sodium levels, and pickles got kicked out just as soon as they arrived. Last week, I started feeling better. I was sure that I had won. Then school started...I went off to my first class in the Education Building, opened the door, and WHAM.
A full-on ambush of the senses. Curse you, downstairs Subway!! I couldn't take the smell, and the rest is janitorial history. Take that, Sandwiches. Pitas 4 Lyfe! Now I sprint to the stairwell like a maniac with moves reminiscent of Doug Martin's 79-yard TD run against Nevada. Okay, maybe more like Spongebob's gauntlet through the Perfume Department. But hey. At least it is confined to only a few moments in the morning...if I survive them, I get a day free from public regurgitation. And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go focus on craving fruity meat. I mean homework.
A full-on ambush of the senses. Curse you, downstairs Subway!! I couldn't take the smell, and the rest is janitorial history. Take that, Sandwiches. Pitas 4 Lyfe! Now I sprint to the stairwell like a maniac with moves reminiscent of Doug Martin's 79-yard TD run against Nevada. Okay, maybe more like Spongebob's gauntlet through the Perfume Department. But hey. At least it is confined to only a few moments in the morning...if I survive them, I get a day free from public regurgitation. And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go focus on craving fruity meat. I mean homework.


Dawg this cracked me up. I like how you say you won't refer to it as bean but the name of it is Human Bean. Get to growing that thing bigger!
ReplyDeletecucumbers soaked in evil. baha.
ReplyDeletei think we should just call it liquid chicken... seeing as that is what eggs are... and seeing as that is what it is....
eden is in my art history class. she gave me the lowdown. there is something in the water.
k-money, I miss you. We need to go get slurpees. I will wear my best Juno outfit. and lyssface...i eat liquid chicken now. out of protein necessity only. and I KNOW. SERIOUSLY. it was the tline drinking fountains in 06, apparently.
ReplyDeleteOkay Melissa. I seriously know how you feel now with the whole baby nausea stuff. Flannery is like some sort of child manifesting inside me that hates me with a passion. ((Though I won't be getting a bundle of joy at the end of my journey much like you.))
ReplyDeleteAll these foods that I loved and worked well with my stomach is seriously making me want to throw up all the time. Ugh. I do not envy you in one bit. Hopefully you have great drugs like I do to help kick it in the butt from time to time.
P.S. Totally calling your kid Mr. Bean or Beans.
haha nice! well something that you will learn someday (today!) about pregnancy is that pretty much no drugs are allowed. Not even for hand surgeries. No ibuprofen. The good news is that it is only temporary, and even in the course of a day I get some breaks from it. if you went to bsu we would totally be class-puking buddies.
ReplyDelete