Friday, September 16, 2011

My Secret Internet Obsession...

is obnug.com. These are the people that I wish would be my friends, if they weren't all 50-something retirees with ear hair. Allegedly. They are easy to please. They laugh at all my jokes. They don't look down on me for knowing what a multiple offense is. Their eyes don't glaze over when I speculate over the possibility of a rose bowl berth vs. a BCS NC. I finally have something to do with my excellent debate skills, without the time commitment and without possibility of losing! But I'm coming clean. I can't keep it a secret anymore; it's consuming my every thought. The things I see there can't be unseen, the recruit analyses can't be unread. I have even ventured past the Boise State borders to faraway SportsBlog nation lands. They say that once you hit bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.
They say idol worship is an abomination before the Lord.
               They say the first step is acceptance.
My name is Melissa Cole, and I am addicted to the sports blogosphere.


Oh, Albert. You are so wrong. There are four things.....you forgot my love of Bronco Football.
So I have come clean. I hope this is the first step on the path to recovery, back before a college quarterback was capable of giving me gray hairs. (Yeah, I'm lookin at you, Z!) There are probably 1,000+ recap comments on a post-game thread, full of holes for me to fill with my BSU witticisms
But here I am, straining to refrain. It is a heroic effort. I have at least a half hour before the Frubs (read: friendhusband) returns. I will do my best to keep clean. After all, there are more important things in life, and better ways to spend your time. Like blogging.
Oh, and GO BRONCOS!

1 comment: