I feel like I should give a shout out to Quinn and Eden for kicking off our holiday season right. They are probably the coolest couple in the whole world. Their fetus doesn't know it yet, but it is a she-tus and will be betrothed to our (according to tyrell's gender prediction/those aforementioned asians on the interwebs) he-tus so that they may go forth and multiply, creating a master race. Or something.
Anyways... Join me for some of this weekend's highlights, lowlights, and no-lights.
1st Star: New Phone. There I was, minding my own womanly business in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant and phoneless and carless and internetless, when my dad shows up at the door out of nowhere and hands me a new phone. For free. With a data plan paid for. I went from stressing about yet another expense over the holidays to having the finest piece free stuff I have ever owned. I don't even have a phone bill to worry about. Thanksgiving miracle? I'll take it. The one downside is that it might just be smarter than me. It kept me up all night the first night talking to me like the robots on star wars...I was scared. I tried to give it to JT for an early present, but he would have none of it, because he doesn't want me to wind up like those old ladies who have to take classes at the library to learn how to call their children and send an email. Only today did I finally learn how to answer calls and use the email feature...never mind that I have had skype for like three years and have yet to use it even one time. Like you can even judge me! Life is harder when all of your technologies are decepticons. We can't all be Sam Witwicky, even though my pregnancy drool makes me slobber enough to make people think we could be related.
2nd Star: JT. He is the master of the last minute grocery dash, cleaning our room without me even knowing when he had time to do it, and making the best mashed potatoes of my life. He's pretty good at saving the day in general, especially when it comes to helping me calm the frick down because I have a finger in one too many pies. Literally.
Remember how I was going sugar-free for the baby? Yeah, me neither.
Spiced pear, Japanese-Pecan, Coconut Cream, Key Lime. Homemade crusts and fillings. All in one day.
Hell's Kitchen is afraid of mine.
Star 3: Wendy and Edy Zepeda. They made an amazing turkey on like 4 days' notice with stuffing and real gravy. Great food and even better company...That's whassup.
The Goat: Lost items. Somehow, two boxes of Christmas stuff and half of our kitchen items never made it to the new apartment. My mom claims they are not in the garage where we had been storing them...so either it is the end of days and things are becoming slippery, or my mom is the grinch that wasn't satisfied with stealing Christmas and tried to steal Thanksgiving too. Poor husband had to mash potatoes with a Mason jar because it was all I could think of. I had to bake a fruit pie on a naked oven rack since our pizza stone was missing...criminal. If my grandma were still with us I would probably get my Carrol card taken away. The saddest part for me was putting up our Christmas tree only to discover that the ornaments I collected every year of my life and the mass amount of lights and decorations we bought on the cheap at the post-holidays sale last year were nowhere to be found. Not really sure if I can justify busting out the extra cash to get more after the spree I had last January. The tree now lends a more outdoorsy feel next to our open fire, roasty sticks, and camping chairs used in the absence of couches.
Apparently, we live at a KOA campsite. and yes, that is Settler's of Cataan....otherwise known as Risk for wusses. So much fun
I really think I captured the true essence of everyone in this picture. And no, I won't delete it, so stop asking.
please note that Tyrell is cooking s'mores four at a time with a pitchfork. classic.
Runner up for Goat goes to the handle on the outside of our oven getting as hot as the inside of the oven. Being 5'3 puts your sweatpantsed, flour-dusted butt at the exact height to get scorched by it every time you try to get to the sink.
An honorable mention also goes to having a real apartment with washer, dryer, and dishwasher. Thanksgiving cleanup took like 20 minutes, tops. I legitimately love cleaning now, although that might be because I have watched too many commercials for cleaning products:
Feeling bored and lonely while your husband is at work? Just grab some rubbers and go to town. Rubber gloves, that is.
Don't even get me started on the laundry. I miss Sarah Haskins more than I miss being able to see past my belly button.
Now look at this picture I took of the Rogers' kitten while I go try out some new laundry technology I found. (detergent and dryer sheets all in one! no spills. genius)




a few things:
ReplyDeletesending positive vibes in your search for ornaments... godspeed. if i remember correctly, i think labyrinth was filmed in your garage...
i want to see your pregnancy. where are the fetal fotos? where are your belly shots. get them on here. NOW.
i love those broncos chairs... seriously, couches are so overrated.
mason jars are a great multipurpose tool. they make perfect rolling pins.
hokay i'm done. get that house clean! i'll be home next month. (maybe i'll even paint your pregnant lady toenails? maybe. )