I has it. Bad. But you know what? My amazing man moved us and our furniture into our new apartment in a mere 2 days anyways, while I slept like we're going to wish our baby would. He even made me a sandwich or two or three or shut up I'm pregnant. We are loving it. At first I thought I was going to miss our old place because our new 'hood is pretty sketchtastic, but in the words of Shea Rogers, "the ghetto don't steal from the ghetto." How true.
Here are just a few of the upgrades we got in this move:
a diswasher that isn't me
our very own washer and dryer
an extra bedroom...baby nursery decorating time!
air conditioning
an actual kitchen area, with a full-sized oven and more than four cabinets, SEPARATE from the dining area
a sprayer thingy in the sink, which is also doublesided
multiple parking spots to choose from
an enclosed side-yard
a bathroom with a tub and a showerhead that works/is taller than JT.

He doesn't have to shower like this anymore
Did I mention that we HAVE A LIVING ROOM?! We do. It has us more excited than a bunch of freed Israelites. We don't even know what to do with all our newfound space. Should we get a big TV? Put up art and family pictures on the walls? How about a golden calf??
We should probably start by getting couches. The best we could do furniture-wise was a blanket fort on Saturday while we were hanging out with Channer. Some of our good pals gave us a free TV stand and bookcase, so progress is being made. In the meantime, we lay on the floor and giggle about how great it is to spread out and not be able to touch multiple walls. Probably our favorite new feature is the fireplace. We had an excellent book burning the other day to test it out...oh, mom, did you want those old accounting textbooks back? Sorry. Needless to say, we will be indoor camping all winter with our lawn chairs and s'more roasty sticks as permanent living room fixtures. It's nice to have a fire there, since for reasons unknown to me, there is no lighting in that room. We have 3 different kitchen lights and a light just for the stairs, but none in the biggest room in the apartment. Where is Lampy when you need him?
Oh, that's right....going to mars.
Anyways, the new apartment has us all kinds of happy. We can't wait to put up our Christmas tree this weekend, either. I'm thinking about putting a santa hat or angel wings on the flamingo tree topper. So if you were wondering, that TCU loss that no one thought I could get over is far from my mind. I am not even mad that we were punished more for losing to a ranked team than Stanford was for losing to a no-rank. I don't even mind that LSU gets to sneer at our Strength of Schedule by dinking around against the WK-who? Hilltoppers. Arrrgh who am I kidding...They don't even have a real mascot! It looks like the Kool-Aid man fell out of his glass pitcher.
OHH YEAAAH!! NOOO!!!
Try to crash through a wall NOW, buddy! Whatever. I am glad I don't watch ESPN. I probably won't ever try to for the rest of Craig James' horcrux-enhanced life. Every time he talks, all I hear is "blah blah blah I killed 5 hookers" anyways.
I am pulling for a third fiesta bowl so I can ask santa for tickets. I am hoping to rush the field after a clutch win with my big prego belly so I can get as famous as this fan hero:
Baylor Crutch girl made my NIGHT. I think she got more cheers from our viewing party than the win did. As another giant falls, another champion is born. I tip my knitted bronco cap to you, sister.
Speaking of sports, men's basketball has set a school record starting out 3-0 this season scoring around 100 points a game. Tickets are cheap, so if you are bored with the oncoming Boise winter, get your tshirts and support basketball. They definitely deserve it. Your man would appreciate a good hoops date night, and it's nowhere near as long as a football game! Everybody wins. Some tickets to the neutral-site Vandal game and a hat could even make a nice stocking stuffer. Think about it. In the meantime, I will be working on my plans to paint a basketball on my stomach for added hilarity when I pull a Mia Hamm after the vandal win.
That's all for now, folks. Have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment