Friday, December 2, 2011

Doin some politicking.

Now, I'm not usually one for broadcasting my political views all across the planet because I believe I've got all the answers...except on days that end in Y. "Today" ends in Y, friends. And if there's one thing I have to tell the blogosphere about politics, it's that no one is informed enough. Not even me. But I know enough about the candidates to be able to help, in the form of these quick n easy videos. Get to know today's GOP movers and shakers with these highlights of their most profound words (I have omitted Michelle Bachmann for being a woman-never gonna happen- and Herman Cain for being Bill Cosby's kinky evil twin. You're welcome.)

1. Mitt Romney...as stated by a BYU student, "The Lord's Candidate." I have not checked back to see if that particular student has been struck down from on high yet.


2. Rick Perry. JT described him pretty well when he told me that if Rick Perry and George W. went to the same high school, Georgie would have been known as "the smart one."


3. Pappy O'Daniel

My personal favorite Pappy O'Daniel quote: "Shake a leg, Junior! Thank goodness yo mammy died giving birth- if she'd have seen you, she'd have died o'shame!"

And there are your Candidate Highlights for the week. I really liked Mitt's idea about the honey badger...genius!! Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?

On a side note, it is one in the morning and I am listening to Rockin Christmas Playlist on Pandora while I put the finishing touches on the nativity program, decorations and nifty gifties for the ward Christmas party tomorrow.  Shhh! Don't tell President Uchtdorf....ohh, Relief Society callings. I guess they just happen sometimes. Here is a little sneak preview of the rad christmas sweaters we will be rocking tomorrow and our half-decorated Christmas tree.

No pregnant belly shots for you today! Don't worry. I'll be posting on that soonish.
 JT's mom was kind enough to donate some lights until we find our legit LED ones, and we found two packages of themed ornaments to use. We are already a cut above the tree that the Whos from Whoville had to make do with that one year...here's to Christmas festivities. Gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment