Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Imagine Christmas wishes...Shooting out your eyes!"- Tracy Jordan

You would be imagining my life. Christmas wishes are shooting out nearly every orifice. There are just too many awesome things going down...I can't remember a Christmas where I was so into the season. Probably because I'm not walking my bike to work in a foot and a half of snow or trying to ride down the icy luge of Americana Boulevard in the night. It's been good times. We decorated our apartment with the lights that got rescued from the garage (in yo face muthaaa! I told you so) and watched festive movies with real hot chocolate. 
^Occupy Christmas Tree 2011! only 1% of the ornaments get 100% of the attention!
Also, our tree has twice as many lights as this picture now. You always find what you lost right after you pay to replace it...

We had a blast at the Soundwave company Christmas party. It was at Cazba downtown, because Soundwave rocks the cazba...rocks the cazba!
yep that's exactly what it was like. And yeah, my hand is in my shirt for a good boobscratch. Deal with it.
 *rock the catbox...lock the cashbox...*

If that wasn't enough holiday fun, we've had christmas cookie/movie parties, a temple trip, free cafe rio, and even some Extreme Engineering: Gingerbread House Edition. Check it.

That, my friends, is a graham cracker pagoda. Those are hand-drizzled chocolate trees. Don't try this at home, we are trained professionals. Just not as well trained as our showoff friends who built Wall Street (protesters and tents included) and what appeared to be a flippin Connecticut country club.  I still hold that we should get extra credit for only using edible decorations and support systems.

After that, we went hunting for awesome Christmas lights. We found plenty. I even went caroling...but only as  a beat boxer. You know me. Wiggidy wiggidy wack. R-r-r-reeemix!

I think a lot of the reason why this Christmas has been so great is that it's been low stress. We're not exchanging gifts with family besides our parents this year, and we've had a lot more time to spend together as a result. I'm not bummed about less presents, either. It saves me from having to spend hours working on my present face!
Just kidding, family! 
But really.

Speaking of presents, I currently have to go shopping with some ward ladyfriends while our husbands pee their pants with excitement at the elder's quorum Jump Time activity. Seriously, it's all I've heard about for weeks, especially at church. I can only imagine how much longer we'll all be hearing about it afterwards. It's cute though. Men are just boys with money, I say. Speaking of boys...

Gotta go post our exciting baby gender news first! 





No comments:

Post a Comment