
Secondly, this proves Tyrell > Ryan Gosling. Because he would not be caught dead wearing a striped wifebeater out to sip some girly amaretto-inspired coffee concoction on a cafe terrace before going to get his manicure and wax sesh next door. Just saying.
Now, Happy Valentine's Day, people! Or should I say....person? Yeah I see you there, you late night blogstalker. I know you read me. Don't deny it.
And finally, yes, we are continuing our time-honored tradition of celebrating Valentine's day the Friday after. This started as a result of JT's DJ schedule, but we keep it up now because of its many perks. On actual Vday, we can go to places like Cafe Rio and the dollar theatre and be totally alone while everyone else kicks it at the Cheesecake Factory (well, not anymore since they came out with the Little Slice of Hep-A-ven cake) and Edwards Cinema. Then on Friday, all the couples stay in because they already went on a date this week and the babysitter is going home to visit her parents for the long weekend. The chocolate is 75% off, and you can party all night without regrets-because let's face it, when given the option between sleep or nookie, no matter which you pick, 8.69 times out of 10 you'll wish you chose the other when you have to get up in the morning for work. It's just the facts of married life.
Friday Valentine's observance also gives your husband that extra heads up on the 14th when he normally would have forgotten (since he doesn't have facebook to get all the mushy status updates) and he still has a few days to throw something awesome together instead of that last minute "Heyyyy it's Valentine's Day! You thought I forgot, but I didn't...I got us reservations at this awesome restaurant-Chili's, have you heard of it?-and we can go to the Rick Santorum rally afterwards! Hooray!" So yeah, we're pretty smooth when it comes to un-contriving the commercially contrived. But still, I am a little antsy for Friday. I mean, normal date night was great and I love me some sweet pork, but I found out we are going to have glass blowing class for Fridaytines Day. Shutthefrontdoorrr! He did good. Almost too good, because after that we are having awesome dinner in, and then on Saturday the festivities continue with a temple trip. And if that wasn't enough fun already, since he gets Monday off for work we are going yurting with our frousins/the Other Coles, and another rad couple that has some other last name like Schaffer, though we don't hold it against them. I will have my three most basic life needs met- Tyface, fresh mountain air, and a large supply of snack foods.Yep. Things are looking up for me so far this year! January can go die.


No comments:
Post a Comment